Superstar Vdj Jones is a Kenyan based Dj taking African music to a whole other level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
VDj Jones Q n A with Elsie Gathoni.
1.Elsie: If you didn’t become a Dj,what would you be doing right now?
Jones: Journalist since it is the course I took in campus)
2. Elsie: Tell us about your entertainment background.
Jones: I started my career way back after highschool but took it seriously immediately after campus. I never went to any DJ academy since I didn’t have the fees,I used to observe as other DJs played and later after the show/club was being closed I get a “ride”. I was 1st employed as a resident DJ back in 2015 for a whole year before quitting the job and going into the streets.
3. Elsie : Describe your mixes & where people can find them for downloads & streaming (website,youtube,spotify,itunes,sound cloud,tidal,apple music)
Jones:I try to be an all round DJ playing all genres of music even the other native music from other communities in order to reach everyone out there. I believe my mixes are the best at their own level.
YOUTUBE – VDJ JONES-
WEBSITE – WWW.VDJJONES.CO.KE
4. Elsie :How many music mixes do you have to your name?
Jones: So far I have 93 mixes out in the market and I plan to reach the 200 mark by end year.
5. Elsie: What are the challenges faced by Kenyan DJ’s?
Jones:I think funds is everything,because in order to supply and get the mixes out there it needs cash. To acquire the DJ players and equipment it needs cash. So many upcoming DJs have it rough in the market by always hiring equipment and most of their mixes ending up in their bedrooms.
6. Elsie: Who are your heroes?
Jones: My dad & Daniel Ndambuki aka Churchill
7. Elsie: How did you get a hold of the streets? You get so much love out there
Jones: By giving the people what they need and consistency in releasing mixes after mixes.
8.Elsie: What made you venture into music videos? With your latest being ‘lover’ featuring Jegede.
Jones: I got inspired by DJ KHALED with the kind of empire he got to his name and also to sell the VDJ JONES brand on every possible platform.
9. Elsie: Whats your favorite drink (non alcoholic) & food?
Jones: Mango juice and Chicken.
10.Elsie: How do you feel about the internet in the music business?
Jones: The social media is the greatest platform in boosting music business since one is able to reach millions of people from different locations on the globe.
11. Elsie: If you could be a superhero,which one would you be and why?
Jones: The Flash,I wish to always be impacting on someone’s life out there.
12. Elsie: What do you think of the music scene in the world & in Africa?
Jones: Music industry is one of the fastest growing markets right now. New talents surface daily and soon entertainment will rule major markets in the world. Africa is doing great since the African artists now target world markets not only the continent for example Diamond Platnumz,P square and many more.
13. Elsie: What is your dream holiday destination?
Jones: Las Vegas and New York City.
14. Elsie: It has been said that Kenyan DJs support foreign music a lot,is it true? If so what is the reasons?
Jones: YES, because of the constant disagreements between DJs and Kenyan artists concerning payment by DJs in order to play Kenyan music and also content,some of the Kenyan artist have gone into the comfort zones and no longer want to invest in their work,poor quality audios and videos.
15. Elsie: What is the weirdest question you have ever been asked in an interview?
Jones: why ladies love thee DJs.
16.Elsie: Where do your new fans get you on the web? (Social media (twitter,snapchat,instagram, facebook,youtube,website, press kit)
Jones: VDJ JONES on all platfroms and on my webpage www.vdjjones.co.ke
17. Elsie: Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman?
18. Elsie: What memorable responses have you had to your work?
Jones: Fans from all over the world calling and some even sending money from as far as Germany,UK and USA as appreciation for my work.
19. Elsie: If you could date any other celebrity,who would it be and why? both locally & internationally
Jones: Huddah Monroe-I love on how silently she builds her empire and Internationally would be Jackie Appiah the actress from Ghana.
20.Elsie: For management, bookings & other inquiries? (emails,telephones,website)
Jones: For calls +254715638806,on mail email@example.com and at www.vdjjones.co.ke
21. Elsie: Are you single?
22. Elsie: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Jones: Don’t let your problems pull u down and don’t let the celebrity life get into your head.
23. Elsie: Say something to your fans & fellow DJs in the Industry.
Jones: Its never impossible, all is achievable with God and never let go of what u worked for so hard to achieve.
24. Elsie: Finally,if you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
Jones:a lion,because of its leadership character.
Thanks Jones,much love!