Kevin Waire aka Wyre a second born in a family of 3, is a leading Kenyan RnB & dancehall artist. He is also a producer, the CEO of Lovechild Records and the brand ambassador for Sport pesa.
He has released three solo albums. The latest album being the Lion album released in 2015. As a solo artist, he has performed in various countries, including Nigeria, USA, Uganda,Bahrain and many others.
He has collaborated with various artists, including P-Square, 2Face_Idibia of Nigeria, Jamaica’s Alaine, Cecile, and Morgan Heritage.
He is reputed for his consistence and relevance in the music industry having maintained an industry presence actively since the late 90s. One of the ways Wyre has maintained this longevity is having several collaborations locally and international. Among the local Kenyan artists that he has collaborated with include Nazizi, Kidis, Prezzo, Khaligraph Jones, Timmy Tdat, Vigeti, Nonini, JB Maina, Benjamin Kabaseke
He also worked as a producer at Tedd Josiah’s Blu Zebra Studios and has established his own record label Love Child Records.
Kevin Wyre Awards
- 2006 Kisima Music Awards – Best Ragga
- 2007 Kisima Music Awards – Best Ragga
- 2013 International Reggae and World Music Awards – Best New Entertainer
- 2015 Bingwa Music Awards – Ever Relevant Artist
Kevin Wyre Nominated:
- 2005 Kora Awards – Best East African Male Artist
- 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards – Best Afro-pop video (“Chuki”) & Best R&B video (“Chuki”)
- 2006 Pearl of Africa Music Awards – Best Kenyan Male Artiste
- 2007 Pearl of Africa Music Awards – Best Kenyan Male Artiste.
- 2008 Pearl of Africa Music Awards – Best Kenyan Male Artiste
He indebts his success to his fans, family and Ted Josiah his friend and producer.
The truth is there is more than enough love, creative ideas, power, joy, happiness to go around 😘 😘